Signs must be installed as follows:
1. Braille and tactile components of a sign must be installed not less than 1200mm and not higher than 1600mm above the floor or ground surface. Signs with single lines of characters must have the line of tactile characters not less than 1250mm and not higher than 1350mm above the floor or ground surface.
2. Signs identifying rooms or facilities must be installed on the wall latch side of the door with the leading edge of the sign located between 50mm and 300mm from the architrave. Where it is not possible to be installed latch door side of the wall, the sign may be installed on the door itself.
3. Signs identifying a fire exit door must be installed on the side that faces a person seeking egress, and on the wall latch side of the door with the leading edge of the sign located between 50mm and 300mm from the architrave. Where it is not possible to be installed latch door side of the wall, the sign may be placed on the door itself.
4. The sign must have a luminance contrast with the surface on which it is mounted of not less than 30%.
5. Luminance contrast must be met under the lighting conditions in which the sign is to be installed.
6. Signs must be illuminated to ensure luminance contrast requirements are met at all times during which the sign is required to be read.
The term ‘Essential Safety & Workwear’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 4/2 Follett close, Totness SA. Our ABN is 75132839788. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.